Renaissance Engineering Ltd. Is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is our intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Renaissance Engineering Ltd. In relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- Renaissance Engineering Ltd.
- Tel: +353 (1) 6750850
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is Renaissance Engineering Ltd.
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
Renaissance Engineering Ltd. are Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) Engineers providing technical, mechanical and electrical engineering expertise to the Residential, Commercial, Retail, Healthcare and Biopharmaceutical Industries.
Our Data Protection Officer/GDPR owner and data protection representative can be contacted here directly at:
- Robert Gaine
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +353 (1) 6750850
Purpose for processing your data
When using our contact form(s) you will be asked to volunteer information such as your name and contact details. We use these details to assess your request and may use these to contact you for further information or answer your request. When using our contact form the information you submit is stored in our website database (encrypted) as a back-up for a period of 15 days after which it is deleted automatically. The original enquiry is sent to our offices by email and falls under our emails retention policy.
Should you request a quote your details will be added and stored in our CRM. It will be deleted after a retention period of 6 months once we receive an answer from you.
Customer’s details will be stored in our CRM for the purpose of liaising with you and will be stored for as long as you are a customer with us. If leaving us your detail will be deleted within 6 months of being notified by you that you no longer wish to use our services.
We have taken extra steps to ensure the data you provide us with is dealt with a safe manner;
Our site is hosted on SSL (secure socket layer) which means communications between the site and the server are fully encrypted (for instance when you submit a contact form)
Emails sent to us by our site are sent via TLS (Transport Layer Security)
Statistics: we use statistics on the website which provide us with essential information such as most visited pages, where users are coming from (search engines, links etc). These are set up to NOT track you fill IP address and therefore do not collect personal information.
Please note that:
Our website is hosted in Ireland
Our CRM is hosted in Ireland
Our emails are hosted by Microsoft Office 365 within the EU
Why we are processing your data? our legal basis
In order to provide you with quotations or for the purpose of general enquiries Renaissance Engineering Ltd. need to collect personal data. Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under GDPR is:
- Your details are required in order for us to contact you back and provide you with the information you have requested.
- In the event of a quote request the details entered will be used to provide you with a quote and possible follow up in regards to your requests
In any event, Renaissance Engineering Ltd. Are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Renaissance Engineering Ltd. use the personal data it collects about me?
Renaissance Engineering Ltd. will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Who are we sharing your data with?
In the case of website enquiries, we do not share your data. In the event where you would become a customer we may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Renaissance Engineering Ltd. in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Renaissance Engineering Ltd. procedures or their internal procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU, we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you, the data subject, are available.
Data Subject Rights
Renaissance Engineering Ltd. facilitate you, our client’s rights, in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you the data subject, have the following rights to;
- Request Information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding or using it.
- Request Access to your Data (Data Subject Access Request). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold a about you and to confirm that we are processing it legitimately.
- Request Correction of personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any inaccurate of incomplete Data we hold about you corrected.
- Request Erasure of your Data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove data where there is no reasonable explanation for us to continue to hold it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your data where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- Object to profiling that is not to be the subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of data about you.
- Request a transfer of your data in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party.
- Withdraw consent - in the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you wish to withdraw your consent, we will stop processing your information for the purpose you originally agreed to unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
- Right to judicial review – in the event that Renaissance Engineering refuses you request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Retention of your personal data – Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Renaissance Engineering Ltd will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
Amendments of this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may change from time to time, and any changes to this Policy will be posted on the website and will be effective when posted. As your use of the GDPR Awareness Coalition website is subject to your acceptance of this Privacy Statement, and any amendments thereto, please review the Privacy Statement each time you use this website.
If you would like to make a complaint about how your data is being processed by Renaissance Engineering Ltd, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing directly to:
Data Protection Officer / GDBR Owner
Renaissance Engineering Ltd.
Lower Bridge Street