Building Energy Ratings & BREEAM Assessments
Climate change and increasing regulation pose challenges to developers and to design and construction teams alike. Here at Renaissance Engineering, we have considerable expertise in the design of buildings that use less energy and have reduced carbon emissions.
In order to maximise your Building’s Energy Rating (BER) in compliance with current regulations, we can advise on architectural design solutions and renewable technologies at your building’s planning stage, thereby ensuring compliance with legal requirements and avoidance of penalties.
We also provide a range of scientifically based environmental assessment methods, designed to evaluate existing buildings in terms of their levels of sustainability. Energy and water use, air quality, waste, materials, ecology and management processes are rated and benchmarked, with cost effective and innovative solutions provided where buildings fall below required standards.
Our ultimate goal is to reduce your energy costs, through improved energy efficiency and energy management control. Energy management systems will not only save you money, but can also improve your operational efficiency, resulting in improved productivity and competitiveness.
Our Sustainable Energy Services include:
- ECON 19- Energy Consumption in Office Developments
- BREEAM Ratings (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method)
- Establishing Energy Performance Targets
- Building Carbon Foot-Printing
Benefits of Increased Sustainability
- Savings in energy and water bills, through reduced operational costs
- A more healthy and productive workforce, as a result of improved indoor air quality, good lighting and daylighting levels
- Increased resource efficiency and reduced carbon footprint
- For developers, owners and investors, increases in rates of return, rental rates and sales premiums